4 Best Quad Strengthening Exercises You Can Do At Home
Injury or tear at the Quadriceps can lead to restriction in mobility of your legs.
No matter whether you are a professional athlete or a non athlete person, it is crucial to take care of your quads.
It is important to keep your quads strong as it helps in lessening the stress on your knees. A healthy quad can effectively improve your stability and mobility. Fortunately, after an injury if you put together an exercise routine that will help you regain your strength. And if you are recovering from a quad surgery or injury, then it is best to learn a few effective exercises. And if you want professional guidance then you can also go for a Physiotherapy or Osteopathy Manchester service!
In this blog, we will be healing you with a few Quadriceps Injury Treatment and 4 effective exercises you can do at the comfort of your home.
Firstly, let’s have a look at how to treat a quad injury at home:
As soon as you see the symptoms and acknowledge that you have an injury in your Quadriceps, you must stop any hardcore activity pulls the muscles more. the leg. Quickly consult a medical professional to prevent it from getting worse.
A professional quadriceps injury specialist will first examine the level of your injury & then come up with the suitable treatment.
As the injury occurs, the area that is around the quad will swell. And to treat the swelling, a practitioner will likely perform the RICE method to lessen the strain.
RICE method is:
R stands for Rest: Where he will suggest you to avoid walking, running, and doing any activity that needs your leg to do much of the work.
I stands for Ice: He will then prevent the swelling by wrapping an ice pack on the affected area.
C stands for Compression: He will then apply some pressure around the area to slow down the swelling.
E stands for Elevation: He will further elevate your leg at the level of your heart to stimulate the excess blood to drain away from the inflamed area.
This effective RICE method & resting will heal your quad and help it recover entirely!
Now let’s quickly look at 4 Effective Quadriceps Exercises to strengthen your quad after recovering from an injury or surgery
4 Effective Quadriceps Exercises to strengthen your quad
1) Straight Leg Raises
Straight leg raise is a very simple exercise to strengthen the muscles of your quad.
Below are the steps of performing a perfect straight leg raise:
- Gently lie down on your back on a mat or floor.
- Then take your right leg at 90 degrees towards the ceiling.
- Hold for 3 to 5 seconds and then slowly bring it down.
- Repeat the same with the other leg.
- Relax and repeat the entire set for 10 times.
2) Wall Slides
Wall slide exercise genuinely works well to bring flexibility in your glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
Below are the steps of performing a perfect wall slide:
- Stand up straight with your spine against the wall and your shoulders and feet wide apart.
- Gently bend your back forward at a 45-degree angle.
- Hold for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Then straighten your back by sliding up slowly.
- Repeat the whole set 10 times for best results.
Note: Don’t bend more than your capacity as it may put more strain on your kneecaps.
3) Step Ups
Step up is an exceptional exercise for quad, buttocks, and glutes strengthening.
Below are the steps of performing a perfect step up:
- Take a box, table, bench, or a platform
- Stand 6 inches back from the object.
- Carefully step up with the left foot while pressing your heel for the stretch.
- Bring your right foot on the object to meet your left foot.
- With full control, bring the left foot down on the floor and repeat the same with the right foot.
- For the best result, repeat the set for 10 to 12 times.
4) Terminal Knee Extension
TKE, the terminal knee extension is another effective way to maintain your quad. For this exercise, you will need a resistance band or if not then you can also take a towel.
Below are the steps of performing a terminal knee extension:
- Hitch your resistance band to a sturdy table or object.
- Take your dominant leg in the loop with the band.
- Slightly and carefully bend your knee inside.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds.
- Gradually try to straighten your knee.
- Repeat the same with the other leg and relax.
- For an effective result, Perform this exercise 15 times.
Maintaining and strengthening your quads is quite essential as it helps us to hole the stability of our knees.
If you have gone through a quadriceps surgery or are dealing with mid injury, these exercises can be your go to exercise routine. So, to regain the strength of your quad, slowly start with these easy exercises and then in future you can increase the repetition or sets.
At CT Clinic, we have a unique technique that treats every kind of health concern. That technique is COPA (Chiropractic treatment, Osteopathy, Physiotherapy and Acupuncture) Therapy. COPA Therapy holds the efficiency of healing you in and out!
Our professional team of practitioners are always keen to treat and heal you with our best capacity.
For the best assistance, reach out to us and book an appointment now!
Call us at (+44) 0161 4597 034.