What is Wet Cupping?
It is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which a therapist puts special cups on specific places on the skin for a few minutes to create suction.
Wet Cupping Therapy
It is used for many purposes, including helping with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation, well-being, as a type of deep-tissue massage and removing of toxins and other waste material from blood.
There are two types of cupping, dry and wet.
The British Cupping Society suggests that wet cupping therapy is used to treat:
- Blood disorders such as anaemia and haemophilia
- Rheumatic disease such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Fertility and gynaecological disorders
- Skin problems such as eczema and acne
- High blood pressure
- Anxiety and depression
- Bronchial congestion caused by allergies and asthma
- Varicose veins
- Other conditions such as back and knee pain, for athletes